This project (2018-1-ES01-KA203-050606) has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This web site reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.

This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This web site reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.

Select language   >   EL ES IT RO EN

Digital Objects

Back to Digital Objects

History of Medicine 1600–1900 Room

Anatomical Preparation Bone, skeleton, of a woman from Penicuik who died in Edinburgh, Scotland. She was operated on by Joh...
DR. Med. Iacob Czihak Dr. Jacob Czihak was born in Bavaria, he studied medicine in Heidelberg and moved to Moldavia in 182...
Hegar dilators Item 279 (1-12). The item was donated to the Museum for the History of Medicine, AUTH, by Emeritus P...
Journal of Physicians and Naturalists (1830-1860) On March 18th 1833, the Society of Physicians and Naturalists supported the integration of Moldavia ...
Kalmaline (Greek medicament) Item 0276. The item was donated to the Museum for the History of Medicine, AUTH, by Emeritus Prof. P...
Medical book in Transylvanian Saxon dialect, 1805 Beiträge zu einer statistisch-historischen Beschreibung des Fürstenthums Moldau (Contributions to a statistical-historical description of the Principality of Moldova) Of the 3 copies found at the Central University Library in Iași, one copy, consisting of the 2 volu...
Microscope Item 0145. Serial number 221476. The item was donated to the Museum for the History of Medicine, AUT...
Monoaural stethoscope Wooden instrument with ebony earpiece for monoaural use. The stethoscope is longer than usual at 31c...
Nineteenth-century Bedpan White earthenware measuring height 9cm, width 15cm, length 32cm made for children – similarly shap...
Obstetrical Folding Vectis Metal folding instrument with ebony handle, 32cm open, 19cm folded, made between 1820 and 1840 by Fr...
Ombrédanne ether device The item was donated to the Museum for the History of Medicine, AUTH, by Emeritus Professor Dr. A. D...
Prepared Microscope Glass Slides Item 0104. The item was donated to the Museum for the History of Medicine, AUTH, by the Hospital for...
Röntgen Tube - An X-ray generator This is one of the first x-ray tubes used by physicist Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen (1845-1923), who disc...
Sterilizing autoclave Dimensions: 82cm x 107cm. The autoclave was donated to the Museum for the History of Medicine by Pr...
Tobacco resuscitator kit A mahogany wood case, with plum-coloured velvet lining of the fitted section and brass hinges and in...