At that time, the Mărcuţa sanatorium had become an extremely respected medical center in the country, and had even managed to be mentioned, even though scarcely and as a medical curiosity, by foreign specialized magazines. This is how it was described in a Viennese publication by Dr. S.H. Scheiber, in 1868: “In the village of Mărcuţa, near Bucharest, there is a hospital for the insane. It has 170 beds, both for the mentally ill and for the incurable. A high wall surrounds the hospital. Care is generally human.”
In 1864, the medical unit had been among the first in the country to adopt an internal regulation called "Regulation of the Mărcuţa Hospice Service". It stated that the patients are treated with money from the Government. It also analyzed the treatment capacity, the diet, "receiving and leaving the lunatics from the hospice" and described "the bedding, clothing and cleaning measures".
The Mărcuţa Church - one of the oldest in the Capital - still lives today, behind the blocks of flats on Pantelimon Road. However, the monastery, like so many others in old Bucharest, only exists in the history books and memoirs.