This project (2018-1-ES01-KA203-050606) has been funded with support from the European Commission. This web site reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This web site reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
On January 11th 1830, „Iassyer medicinsche Lesevereine” (“Iasi Medical Reading Circle”) was established as an association with cultural and scientific purposes, bearing this name because most of its founding members - doctors, pharmacists, chemists, botanists, agronomists - studied in Germany, and some even of German nationality. Initially, the 21 members subscribed, at their own expense, to 11 German and one French magazines. Two of the members of this circle stood out for their superior culture: Dr. Mihai Zotta, chief physician of Iasi (a Romanian from Bucovina), and Dr. Iacob Czihak (Cihac), chief of the Moldovan medical police (Bavarian physician who came to Iasi in 1825). They were the first to initiate the establishment of a scientific society, first called the “Moldovan-Romanesque Medical Society”.
Unit of the Educational Material connected (5 - 1)
On March 18th 1833, the Society of Physicians and Naturalists supported the integration of Moldavia into European culture and medicine. Over the years, most of the over 150 presidents of the Society have been top medical personalities, who have earned a place in the history of Romanian science or medicine. The Company's early publication activity was limited to studies on mineral waters in Moldova and the rules of medical practice.
On January 1, 1844, the first publication appeared „Sănătate și Economie instructor, periodic pentru poporul român” (Health and Economics, instructor, periodical for the Romanian folk) containing articles on health and economics, followed, in 1850, by the „Foaia Societății de Medici și Naturaliști din Principatul Moldovei” (Paper of the Society of Physicians and Naturalists of the Principality of Moldova), both edited by Constantin Virnav and having the same objectives: spreading knowledge about people about medicine, hygiene, agriculture, veterinary medicine and household economics.
In January 1887, it is published the magazine of the Society of Physicians and Naturalists, originally named „Buletinul Societății Medicilor și Naturaliștilor din Iași” (Bulletin of the Society of Physicians and Naturalists of Iasi), which in 1924 took the name, preserved until now of „Revista Medico-Chirurgicala” / „The medical-surgical journal”.
Volume 4/124 from December 2020 is focused on COVID-19 and cardiovascular storm.