Unit 1 - History of Pre-Columbian and Inca Medicine in Peru
UNIVERSIDAD CATÓLICA DE SANTA MARÍA (PE)
1. What were the main characteristics of pre-Columbian medicine?
2. Pre-Columbian pottery also reveals medical or surgical practices and various diseases. Can you point out some of these diseases?
3. How skull deformations are achieved in pre-Columbian times?
4. Is there evidence of the successful recovery of pre-Columbian skull trepanations, what was the reason for the success of these surgeries?
5. From the pre-Columbian worldview, what was the reason for the sacrifice of the Juanita mummy?